Saturday, June 29, 2013

General Auditions at the Bastrop Opera House, July 8, 2013


Bastrop Opera House



Bastrop Opera House TX
Bastrop Opera House Auditions for 2013 Summer and Fall Comedies and Musicals, Adult Actors, Singers, and Dancers needed.
 Male and Female roles for 17 years and older actors only!

Open Call: Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6 p.m.  

711 Spring Street, Bastrop, TX - click for map


Readings from scripts; singing a cappella or with your CD 

Directors: Engela Edwards* and Chester Eitze

Notes from director Chester Eitze on his Auditions:
  • September's Always...Patsy Cline is already cast.
  • November's Bingo (musical) performs Fridays and Saturdays, November 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday Matinee, Nov. 17 at 2:30 p.m.
  • December's holiday show or shows will be scheduled after auditions, but most likely performance dates are Fridays and Saturdays December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21 and Sunday Dec. 15, 2013.

*Note from director Engela Edwards on her Auditions: I'm thrilled to be directing at the Opera House again. I arrived in Texas at the end of May and have already directed one show at the Opera House. I can't wait to see familiar faces, and hope to meet new performers during this audition.

About auditioning for the shows I'm directing:

  • My call backs will be July 9.
  • I will then cast my season shows, and you will be contacted on July 10.
  • We will have a read through with the cast as soon as possible where you will get your rehearsal schedule.
  • My 2013 shows will have traditional 4 to 5 day-a-week rehearsals, lasting for 4 to 5 weeks, immediately prior to the show dates, followed by 3 weekends of performances.
  • Performances happen on Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sundays.
  • August 2013 show: Rehearsals starts July 10 or 11, and performances are Fridays and Saturdays, August 9, 16, 17, 23, 24 and Sunday Matinee August 11, 18, 2013. Currently I have four scripts I want to direct for August. The talent I see at auditions will determine which show is the August show and which will have to wait until the 2014.
  • October 2013 Oz! Regular rehearsals for the Adult performers start September 9. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays Oct. 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, and Sunday Matinees Oct. 13 & 20.
  • Adults will rehearse in the evenings. Plan on pickup rehearsals on Thursday's of show week. I need everyone there dress rehearsal week.
  • There is a chance that there could be an opportunity for an additional show which rehearses during the day, depending on the rehearsal availability schedule of the talent I see at auditions. So bring your calendars, because ALL rehearsal and performance conflicts will need to be noted at the auditions.

I usually have a cast in mind when I choose a show, or I know that I have the talent available to cast the show I've chosen. Since I have been traveling since the 2011 Bastrop Wildfires, I'm not sure what talent is available, therefore I have chosen:

    a play with an all female cast
    a play with an all male cast
    a silly musical with a huge cast of men and women
    a comedy with a small cast of men and woman
    a comedy with a small cast of mostly younger roles
    a comedy with a medium sized cast of all older roles
    shows that require very experienced actors
    shows that could work with less experienced actors

If you plan to audition for one of my shows, please send me an email and tell me a little about yourself. Send email to Engela@EASYtheatre.com and make sure you write "auditions" in the subject line.

(Click to go to the AustinLiveTheatre front page)

No comments:

Post a Comment