Auditions for the New Braunfels Theatre Company's production of The Fantasticks will be held at the Seekatz Opera House – 265 W San Antonio Street in New Braunfels (click for map) on Sunday, December 8th, 2013 from 6-9 p.m. Callbacks will be Tuesday, December 10th. Singers and actors ages 14 and up are encouraged to audition. Production Dates: Friday, April 25 - Sunday, May 4, 2014.
1. A headshot and resume (if available).
2. Sheet music or accompanist CD for one prepared song - a verse and chorus is fine. Feel free to audition with music from the show. An accompanist will be provided.
3. One short monologue that is classical in style.
The Fantasticks is the longest-running production of any kind in the world. The poetic, moving tale of young lovers who become disillusioned, only to discover a more meaningful love, is punctuated by a bountiful series of catchy, memorable songs. It is an intimate show which engages the audience's imagination and showcases a strong ensemble cast.
The Fantasticks is under the direction of Gigi Gregersen. For more information, email Gigi at: NBTCartisticDirector@gmail.com.
• Matt (the Boy) – late teens to early 20s, low tenor/high baritone
• Luisa (the Girl) – mid to late teens, legit soprano
• Hucklebee (the Boy's father) – age 30+, baritone
• Bellomy (the Girl's father) – age 30+, baritone
• Henry (an experienced actor) – age 40+, mostly non-singing role
• Mortimer (an actor who specializes in stage deaths) – age 40+, mostly non-singing role
• The Mute
For More Information: Email the director at NBTCartisticDirector@gmail.com.