The Last Act Theatre Company is accepting script and directing submissions for our next season beginning January 2014. Please know that we are a small group in Austin, Texas, with a very modest budget. You would not be paid for your services but if your submission is chosen by our administrative board, we will produce a full-length play of your original work and/or direction.
If you are interested in submitting, please know that you can submit:
- -script proposal w/ no director in mind
- -script and director proposal
- -director proposal (you can specify whether you are interested in directing regardless or if you are interested contingent on the shows that will comprise the season)
Our 2013-2014 season will be comprised of two shows with three week runs and one FronteraFest piece.
For those interested in submitting a script proposal, the options are:
- -original plays
- -adaptations of classics (anything royalty free)
- -existing play w/ a fundraising plan to cover the royalties
Submission deadline is March 16, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. We will make our decisions by April 30, 2013 for the season. Directors may be chosen at that time or if needed we can send scripts to interested participants and then pick directors by May 31, 2013.
If you would like to submit, or have any questions about the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.