ZACH is thrilled to announce our second season in the intimate, new Topfer Theatre, which includes a spectacular selection of plays and musicals selected specifically to build on the dynamic and intimate experiences we are enjoying now during our first season. Austin’s finest professional actors will join extraordinary guest artists and nationally acclaimed playwrights for an unforgettable year!
All 6 productions in the 2013-14 subscription series will be staged in the intimate new Topfer Theatre!
- LES MISERABLES – The international musical phenomenon re-envisioned for Austin audiences! Filled with soaring anthems, youthful patriotism and the quest for redemption, revealing the heart of a man who must leave his past behind to fight for life, love and liberty.
- A CHRISTMAS STORY, based on the classic 1983 hit film, comes to brilliant life at ZACH in an all new production. Rights are pending for this title and in the event they are not available, ZACH will present an all new musical adaptation of Charles Dickens' A CHRISTMAS CAROL. Both of these productions are a great treat for the whole family to celebrate.
- IN THE NEXT ROOM or the vibrator play – The delightful and provocative new comedy by Sarah Ruhl (The Clean House) makes its Austin premiere at ZACH. This funny, intimate and beautiful story has audiences buzzing from coast to coast.
- THE GOSPEL AT COLONUS – My favorite theatre experience of all time! A dynamic musical telling the ancient Greek story of Oedipus The King set in a modern day African American church starring your favorite ZACH artists and a 50 member gospel choir. Astonishing!
- THE WHO'S TOMMY begins with young Tommy falling down the rabbit hole into a fantasy rock-n-roll landscape where the deaf, dumb and blind kid encounters Uncle Ernie as the Mad Hatter, his mother as the White Queen, Cousin Kevin as the Cheshire Cat, the Acid Queen as the Red Queen, and his doctors Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum.
- The 6th subscription play will be announced later this year. Exciting, new developments are in the works for this comedy on our season.