* Determine and execute construction methods, schedules, purchasing, and mechanical solutions for the scenic, lighting, sound, multimedia, and property elements of production-within budget and on deadline.
* Produce construction drawings and plots, coordinating with designers and directors.
* Assign and supervise crew, including running crew and operators.
* Supervise, coordinate, and assist in:
the construction and finishing treatments of all scenery
the hang, focus, installation and operation of lighting, sound, and multimedia
the use and maintenance of all rigging, mechanical, and electrical devices
the construction or acquisition of properties * Insure proper functioning and safety of all technical elements.
* Maintain and enforce schedules for builds, work-calls, load-ins and strikes.
* Work with the university facilities staff and departmental faculty to:
Organize and maintain all shop spaces, booths, and storage areas
Organize and maintain the stage-house and rigging
Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and codes Inform the necessary authorities of safety issues and assist with resolution
* Strong skills in communication, collaboration, problem-solving and organization.
* Proven skills and aptitude in software for office productivity, computer-aided drafting, and multimedia (content creation, editing, etc.).