Christian Youth Theater San Antonio hiring Managing Director
Christian Youth Theater San Antonio, a premier after-school theater arts training and education program, seeks a Managing Director. The Managing Director works in partnership with Artistic Director as the organization's executive team. The Managing Director is responsible for building an effective team internally and cultivating a committed team to act externally in the community at large, as well managing the day to day operations of CYT and dedicated to grow the business. Applications are now being accepted. Start Date October, 2013.
Must understand CYT™'s Mission Statement and Values & Objectives and be willing to incorporate them when performing job-related task.
- Monitors budget.
- Helps create fundraising and development plan.
- Cultivates relationships with corporate and community organizations.
- Helps with the hiring and managing of staff.
- Conducts background checks.
- Provides evaluations of staff in coordination with the Artistic Director and Board Chair.
- Assists Artistic Director in planning youth programs, including shows, classes, camps.
- Manages contracts with vendors, including licensing companies for Rights and Royalties for performances.
- Communicates with Board Chair and prepares all staff materials required for board meetings.
- Assists in creating copy for ads, fliers, brochures, etc.
- Oversees electronic database for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Attends performances.
- Assists with ticket sales and general office duties when needed.
- Coordinates and contracts with various facilities.
- Attends annual CYT National Conference/EXPO.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic knowledge and/or training or experience in theatrical programming and youth education Demonstrating an ability and willingness to work in a creative and positive manner with children and adults while Assist participants in achieving their highest creative objectives as well as developing strong moral characteristics.
- Excellent organizational, communication and public relational skills in supervising office staff, communicating at the BOD level, and working with patrons, working with the Artistic Director and Area Coordinators, and working with CYT™ families. Must be a team player. Possesses proven skills of successfully managing committees and working across organizational boundaries.
- Knowledge of software such as Word, Excel, and Quickbooks online.
- Experience performing general office duties such as record keeping, answering phones,
copying, responding to email, performing mailings, etc.
- Experience with donor databases and web management tools.
- Fundraising and/or business development or Grant writing experience.
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com or CYT San Antonio Managing Director Search, P.O.Box 310597 New Braunfels, TX 78131-0597
Visit CYT San Antonio for more information.