Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Call for Scripts and for Director Applications, Oh Dragon Theatre Company, Austin, Texas, Deadline of July 1, 2013
Oh Dragon Theatre Company is accepting directorial applications and script submissions for our next season starting in October 2013. We are a new theatre company with a small budget, but we are passionate about bringing great live theatre works to our community. We cannot offer compensation at this time for directors, actors, or crew. If Oh Dragon selects your submission, we will produce the full-length version of the show as part of our regular season.
You may submit:
• A script with no director selected.
• A script with a director selected.
• A director with no script selected.
Submitted scripts may be:
• An original work (not published, royalty-free).
• A royalty-free play
• A published play with a plan to raise funds to pay performance royalties
To include with your submission (if applicable):
• Date suggestions (does not guarantee dates will be chosen).
• Resume of directing experience *Directors only.
• Copy of submitted script (may mailed or emailed).
• Completed contact form
• Show elements (Set, lighting, sound design, etc). *Directors only.
• Fundraising plan *Published play submissions only
Submissions begin June 1st, 2013 and end July 1st, 2013 at midnight. We will notify all applicants by August 1st, 2013.
If you are interested in submitting a show, applying to be a director, or both, please contact Lacey Cannon at email@example.com.