|(image: M. Massayan, 2010 via www.myfma.com)|
Now seeking actors for No'Az Production's fifth full-length theatrical production "Freedom Fighter," by Philip Kreyche, to be produced at the Dougherty Arts Center in August. Black and Asian actors wanted.
The play is a surreal, controversial, political drama inspired by the true story of David Fagen, an African-American soldier who fought in the Philippine-American War (1898-1901), and after a deep personal crisis, defected to the enemy side to help the Filipinos against the United States.
Looking to fill the following roles:
- David Fagen: a stubborn, rebellious, deeply conflicted young soldier (Black, male, 18-35)
- Ezekiel "Zeke" Robins: a young, optimistic, lower middle-class man who joins the army only to lose his mind to the horrors of war (Black, male, 18-30)
- Jim Thomas: a young soldier, a bit of a bastard (Black, male, 18-40)
- Tom Ford: another young soldier with a bit more sympathy (Black, male, 18-40)
- Emilio Aguinaldo: the young President of the Philippine Republic and battle-worn leader of the Filipino resistance (Asian, male, 18-35)
- we are also seeking three (3) other Asian males to play multiple roles, including soldiers and politicians (Asian, male, 18-50)
All actors will be paid stipends. Rehearsals are 6pm-10pm Mondays-Tuesdays-Wednesdays from July 23rd through August 15th. Tech is August 27th-30th. Performances are Thursdays-Fridays August 23rd through September 8th.
Please send all resumes, head shots, and inquiries to the director: Contact: Philip Kreyche firstname.lastname@example.org