Scenic Designer Position – Tal Lostracco’s Summer Theatre Camp
Tal Lostracco’s Summer Theatre Camp at Southwestern University seeks to hire a scenic designer for its summer 2013 Camp. While we prefer a current Texas high school theatre teacher, the position is open to anyone who can fit our needs.
The scenic designer is responsible for all aspects of design and construction for the 5 productions we are planning for the 2013 camp. The scenic designer will have assistance from a Technical Director and Props Designer to execute the design for a repertory of 5 shows with limited scenic needs.
A successful candidate will posses the following skills
- ability to deliver a ground plan and rendering for each production
- construction skills
- scenic painting skills
- manage scene shop with safety as a priority
- resourcefulness of repurposing stock scenery and working with a small budget
- ability to manage student technical campers while teaching technical skills
Designer will receive a salary and room and board at Southwestern University for the 2-week camp. Any applicant will have to pass a background check before being hired. The camp is in session from July 6-July 20 2013.
If you are interested in applying please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Photos of your work or a link to photos of your work