Auditions will also consist of a 1-2 minute monologue from a play or musical of the actor's choosing. Monologues in the style of the show encouraged --i.e., humor, childlike sentiment, and simple joy may be themes illustrated in the actor's monologue. You may access various pieces from the show as audition material. You may perform your audition segments in any order you desire. Please come to auditions prepared to provide your most transparent understanding of your rehearsal conflicts for the following dates: September 22 (initial reading); October 6-November 13 (rehearsals); November 14-December 8 (Friday, Saturday performances at 7:30; Sundays at 2:30)
Call backs All actors who are called back will complete the following (in this order):
- one dance combination, which will be taught at the time of call backs, in groups
- one harmonizing exercise which will be taught at the time of call backs
- one monologue or scene, and/ or song, indicated below. Actors can prepare if they so choose, though it is recommended.
- All actors for Charlie Brown will prepare "The Kite" if called back.
- All actors for Sally will be asked to sing "My Philosophy" cut if called back for this role.
-All actors for Snoopy will be asked to sing "Suppertime" cut if called back.
- If auditioning for Schroeder, please prepare vocal cut from "Beethoven Day."
- If called back for Linus, please prepare vocal cut from "My Blanket and Me."
- Actors called back for Lucy will prepare vocal cut from "Schroeder."
All performers will be expected to dance in musical theatre style including some soft shoe as "My Blanket and Me" will include an all cast dance break. If you have tap experience, you will be asked to indicate that on your audition form.
Audition and Callback Dates: venue for the September 7 auditions has changed: these will take place at the performing arts center of the Austin Waldorf School, 8700 South View Rd., 78737 (click for map) from 10 AM- 1 PM. September 8 auditions will take place at Wimberley Playhouse Theatre, 450 Old Kyle Road, Wimberley, TX from 7-9 PM. Call backs will take place together at the theatre on September 8 from 9-10:30 PM. We will do our best to complete the entire call back by this time. That said, we may extend, but this is not expected.
After a first read- and sing-through, actors will have 3 weeks off to learn parts, music, and harmonies, which will be accessible via drop box. The production team has a goal of conducting 50% of rehearsals in an Austin location (TBD), 50% at Wimberley playhouse, depending upon how we cast, manage conflicts, etc.
To schedule an audition appointment, please call the theatre at 512.632.7638 or email your request at email@example.com. Do not send head shots and resumes via email. This contact information is for audition requests only. All scheduled appointments will be accommodated as closely to their scheduled time as possible. Walk-ins will be accommodated as we are able.