Sunday, December 23, 2012

Interview with Asia Ciaravino, Artistic Director of The Playhouse San Antonio, San Antonio Business Journal, December 21

San Antonio Business Journal
Asia Ciaravino The Playhouse San AntonioFriday, December 21, 2013

As CEO of The Playhouse (formerly San Pedro Playhouse), Asia Ciaravino has landed the role of a lifetime, a theater part she’s been preparing for her entire life.

A story in the upcoming Dec. 28 print issue will explore her strategic plans for the Playhouse in more depth.


The Business Journal recently conducted an email interview with Ciaravino focused on her personal experiences.


The early years: I was born in Ann Arbor, Mich., and grew up all over the Midwest. My mother was a professional singer; father was a professional photographer. I was the oldest of three kids. From an early age, I was encouraged to be creative, and I was only 5 years old when I decided I wanted to do theater. All week, we would plan our show and on Fridays, we would perform.


Describe your job: Right now, I’m building infrastructure within the organization, setting up policies, standard operating procedures, and restructuring the staff so they are in positions where they can use their strengths. The Playhouse has to function as a highly oiled machine, as a business, but the transition to that mind set takes a lot of time. I’m out in the community, trying to get word out about what we do. I am also really passionate about customer service, and we have a trainer coming in to work with the whole team. I work a lot with donors, create appeal letters and marketing plans and talk to media.

Read more at the San Antonio Business Journal . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment