Thursday, April 5, 2012

San Antonio: Asia Ciaravino from Classic Theatre to Take Direction of San Pedro Playhouse


Reported by Deborah Martin of the San Antonio Express-News via www.mysanantonio.com:


My San Antonio




Asia Ciaravino as Hedda Gabler (image: Dwayne Green for the Classic Theatre, 2011)

Ciaravino moving to San Pedro as new CEO

Asia Ciaravino, co-founder and executive director of Classic Theatre, is making the move to the San Pedro Playhouse.

Ciaravino will take over as the president and CEO of the theater, which begins its 100th anniversary season this fall, on May 1.

Her hiring comes at the end of a nation-wide, seven-month search to fill the slot left vacant when Di Ann Sneed left the theater last fall.

Ciaravino said she wasn’t looking for a new opportunity, but when she was approached about the possibility, she agreed to meet with folks from the theater. She was impressed with the direction they’d like to see things head, and they were impressed by her combined theater and business skills.

Ciaravino, who is finishing up her master’s degree in non-profit management, said she’s looking forward to putting all of that together.

“I knew this was my next step,” she said. “I knew that I needed to match my passion with my skill set. Every single person I’ve told on the Our Lady of the Lake campus (where she works now) has said, ‘Finally, you get to work 24 hours a day for your passion.’

“If you can marry your passion with your job, it’s pure beauty. I feel so lucky.”

[image: Asia Ciaravino as Hedda Gabler (Dwayne Green for Classic Theatre, San Antonio)]


No comments:

Post a Comment