Friday, April 3, 2009

My Child, My Alien Child, Zell Miller III at the Hyde Park Theatre, April 2 - 18






A review last year in the Austin Chronicle called Zell Miller III "an incendiary device waiting to go off." You can certainly see the flame in the man, but when he talks about becoming a father it burns with a completely different light.

Becoming a parent is a life-changing event and, again and again, a mind-blowing one. I remember clearly the first session of the birthing class, and the electric zap! that went through me when the instructor turned to us and said, "And now, dads. . . ."

So I was with him. I'd been there. I had wondered, who is this alien being, roaring with energy and curiosity, who has landed incredibly in our house?

Zell Miller isn't an alien but he for sure is a shape-shifter.

Read More at AustinLiveTheatre.com. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment